March 29, 2020
We hope you and your family are safe and healthy. Like you, we cannot wait to get back onto the soccer field, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this uncertain and chaotic time. With this rapidly evolving situation, we believe it’s important to share regular updates in order to keep our Club members informed.
Currently, for the safety of everyone:
- All on-field BRYC Elite Academy activities and programs are suspended through April 27.
- All fields – county parks and school sites – are closed to the public.
- Despite the Governor’s recent decision to close schools, the soccer season has NOT been canceled.
We are urging our membership to practice social distancing and to keep off the fields in our area to help keep our community healthy. FCPS and FCPA have pulled all permits for use of the fields.
Please see updated information on their websites.
In the meantime:
- We are monitoring the situation, and following guidance from local, state and federal agencies.
- We are communicating regularly with other organizations in order to stay current and prepared.
- We are reviewing contingencies so we can respond and mobilize quickly.
- We are creating and sharing digital materials so that our players can stay active and involved, whether it’s in their garage, basement, or backyard.
- We are preparing educational content, webinars, and videos to share with our coaches at all levels.
- Families are urged to practice healthy habits (social distancing, washing hands, etc.), which will help us return to the field sooner.
We know you may have questions, but unfortunately, given the fluidity of the situation, it is unlikely that we can provide you specific answers at this time. Rest assured that our primary focus is the health and safety of all our soccer families and friends, and all decisions will be made according to that principle.
Please stay tuned for further updates on our social media channels and our website. We hope to provide additional information on or before Monday, April 14.
Stay safe, healthy, and calm. We’ll get through this together as one Club.